Membership fees for 2021, as decided by the Union’s council
- members with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and permanently employed students €333
- self-employed members who have joined an unemployment fund for entrepreneurs, those working on a grant or scholarship, those working abroad in an EU or EEA country for a local employer, those working abroad for an international organisation, and those working full time in a position of trust €166.50
- members who are unemployed, on parental, study or job alternation leave, performing military or national service, or working outside the EU/EEA and not covered by the Finnish unemployment security system €75. Members on parental leave can only apply for a discounted membership fee for the months when they did not receive a salary.
- pensioners and people living abroad with no salary €70
- student members €28
- student members who work 1–4 months of the year €100
- student members who work 5–11 months of the year € 150
You can also apply for a discounted membership fee. You can find more information here.
Frequently asked questions about membership fees can be found here.
A person who is simultaneously a member of the Finnish Union of University Professors or the Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers and of Social Science Professionals will receive a 25 per cent discount on the membership fees of both unions.
The membership fee is tax deductible. The Union will automatically inform the tax authorities of your payments.
If you have paid too much for your membership the extra fee will not be refunded, but it will instead be deducted from next year’s membership fee.
For more information on membership fees, please call 010 231 0350 or contact us via email.